UNISA online application 2018
In order to study at UNISA you first need to apply. This application needs to be done online. This blog will talk you through what to do, and point you to other resources that can help.
UNISA online application 2018 dates
There are two periods in the year when you can apply to study at UNISA. One is around March and April, the other is around August and September. Below are the dates for the application period if you want to study in January 2018.
For Undergraduate qualifications:
This is you want to study a higher certificate, diploma, degrees, advanced certificate, advanced diploma, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or a BTech degree:
14 August – 29 September 2017
Post graduate studies:
If you want to study honours and postgraduate diplomas & master’s and doctoral degrees the application dates are as follows:
11 September – 13 November 2017
The UNISA online application process
The only way to apply at UNISA is to apply online.
The tricky bit is that you have to supply every single item UNISA requests, as well in the format they want it in. Skip anything and you are automatically rejected.
Why are you rejected?
Remember that in the first application period in 2017 over 400,000 people applied to study at UNISA. So UNISA will not be able to consider anyone that does not apply exactly as specified.
The UNISA application 2018 online process is meticulous, but not impossible. Follow our instructions, make sure you have everything on the checklist, and make sure it is all in the required format.
When you are ready to apply go to this page: Apply for admission. Now click on your qualification, and select “start the process”.
You will find that UNISA builds alot of information into the application process. Make sure you read it all! You need to be fully aware of what distance learning is, and you also need to know what it takes to be a successful UNISA student. It will also give you information on your career choices.
It is hard work.
It takes up to 10 years of dedicated study.
UNISA makes sure that you understand this before you apply.
Once you have read all the information and you are sure you want to study with UNISA then select which type of qualification you want to study, for example Accounting, and start the application process.
Unisa application checklist
Before you start make sure that you have gone through this checklist to make sure you have everything in order when you apply. Do not start the process if you do not have the right documents to complete every single item on this checklist:
- I have chosen my Unisa qualification
- I have checked that I meet the detailed admission requirements for my qualification of choice
- I have applied online
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my official tertiary academic record (if applicable)
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my ID document (RSA students) or passport (foreign students)
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my marriage certificate or divorce decree (if applicable)
- I have uploaded/submitted sworn translations of my documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- I have submitted/submitted my application with the supporting documentation before the closing date for applications
- I will pay the application fee within 5 days of being informed of my reference number
*REMEMBEr that you MUST follow these rules for uploading supporting documents:
- Files cannot be larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: pdf (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document format file), doc (Word document file) or tif (image file).
- Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are in an electronic format before starting the application process.
Are you sure you want to study at UNISA?
If you apply at UNISA in September you will find out if you are accepted in December 2017, and you will only be able to study in January 2018.
Once you start studying there will be no support in your studies – no one to help you when you get stuck.
If you want to try an alternative to UNISA a private college may offer you all the amenities that you cannot get from such a bit institution like UNISA.
We highly recommend Skills Academy where you can study great alternatives such as CIMA, which is a management accounting qualification on the same academic level as a degree. Click here if you want us to call you about CIMA qualifications.
If you are not interested in management accounting Skills Academy has the following accredited diplomas you can choose from:
- Business Management
- Financial accounting
- Office Administration
- Public Sector Accounting.
If you are interested in any of these calls Skills Academy on: 0800 39 00 27
Last updated: 16 September 2017