UNISA recently alerted students to the changes it has made to how students will submit their assignments in 2015 due to the catastrophe caused by the South African Post Office (SAPO) last year (2014).
UNISA aims to improve the turnaround time and feedback loops on all assessed assignments by eliminating postal submissions and moving towards online submissions so students can use their assignments to improve on their weak areas.
These are the main UNISA assignment submission processes:
- Submit your assignment via my.unisa.ac.za.
- Submit your assignment via my.unisa.ac.za at the regional offices and/or regional libraries of UNISA. (Scanners are available for students who wish to submit hard copies)
- Submit your assignment via my.unisa.ac.za at one of UNISA’s partner-libraries.
- Regional centres will receive and dispatch assignments free of charge to UNISA in the event of a power outage.
- Submit your assignment via SKYNET or UTI service point which will be couriered to UNISA free of charge.
How have these changes affected you?