- Business Management Courses
- Small Business Financial Management: National Certificate
- Office Administration: Higher Certificate
- Financial Accounting: National Diploma
- Financial Accounting Courses
- Junior Bookkeeping: National Certificate
- Senior Bookkeeping: FET Certificate
- Technical Financial Accounting: National Diploma
- Certified Financial Accounting: National Diploma
- Office Administration Courses
- Office Administration: National Certificate
- Office Administration: Higher Certificate
- Office Administration: National Diploma
What Are ICB Courses?
It is the responsibility of business managers to oversee all departments of a company and ensure that all goals are being met.
To enrol in this course, you must have Grade 11 and be able to read and write in English.
You will learn about the financial aspects of business, including how the payroll is managed and taxes are calculated.
To enrol in this course, you must have Grade 10 and be able to read and write in English.
Office Administrators manage all the daily tasks of a business. You will learn how to schedule meetings, answer phones, and welcome visitors.
About The ICB
The ICB was founded in 1931. The program helps students build the necessary skills to find employment.
Are ICB Qualifications Recognised?
Yes, ICB Qualifications are recognised. They follow the standards set by the Department of Higher Education and Training. ICB Qualifications are recognised around the world.
Are ICB Courses Accredited?
Does Unisa Recognise ICB Qualifications?
No, Unisa does not recognise ICB qualifications. However students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What Can I Do After ICB?
Here is what to do after ICB:
- Continue Your Learning With ICB
- Study Further Elsewhere
- Join A Professional Body
Continue Your Learning With ICB
ICB qualifications build on each other. This means that completing one course allows you to progress to the next level. If you do a Matric Equivalent course, you can further your studies with a National Qualification course.
Study Further Elsewhere
After completing your ICB qualification you can study further. You can study towards a diploma or degree at many institutions.
Join A Professional Body
You must be a student or at least have a NQF 3 in Accounting. Here is a list of the different memberships linked to ICB studies:
With most of the professional bodies, you are able to get a membership and study further through them.
What Can I Do With An ICB Qualification?
You will gain the skills necessary to manage your own business and develop scarce skills.
These skills help you move between roles. Here is the list of possible careers with ICB qualifications:
- Start Your Own Business
- Become a Financial Advisor
- Be a Bookkeeper
- Excel as an Office Administrator
- Be an Accountant
Is ICB Better Than AAT?
Each qualification stands out in its own way. For example, with ICB if you fail an exam, you can rewrite that exam in three months. Watch what the principal of Matric College has to say about ICB to find out more.
The ICB qualifications are split into three fields of study. All of which are scarce or critical skills in South Africa. There are 12 subjects that build on each other. You can get your first Accounting qualification after completing 4 subjects.
Students can complete courses through distance learning. The Financial Accountant Course, for example, is for students that have a Grade 10 certificate and are at least 16-years-old.
AAT qualifications are divided into four levels. Student courses provide them with the practical skills they need to begin a career in finance. AAT qualifications are recognised internationally.
Both courses give you the option to either study full-time, part-time, in a classroom or through distance learning. Course completion depends on how fast students learn.
How Distance Learning Works
Distance Learning is studying without attending classes. Matric College offers distance learning through the following services:
- All registrations happen over the phone
- We help students to register for exams and provide information about exam centres nearby
- Course material costs are included in the course fees and are sent to you
- We provide past papers to help prepare for the upcoming exams
- Exam workshops are held to get you ready for final exams
- Tutors can assist students. They can be contacted by phone, WhatsApp, and email
- Tutors will provide feedback so you know what to focus on
- Tutors are available from 08:00 -17:00