ICB Exams 2018
This page will tell you everything you need to know about the ICB exams 2018. You know that at Together We Pass we believe in helping students, and so this page here to bring you all the information you need to help you with the ICB, and your ICB exams.
I would like to first explain how ICB courses are graded. It is very simple.
- 30% of your final mark comes from your coursework
- 70% of your final mark comes from the final exam
- You need at least 50% in the final exam to pass
- You need at least 60% overall to pass
30% Of ICB Coursework
30% of your final mark comes from the activities and evaluations you undertake during your course. You will be given your Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) folder once you’ve registered for an assessment with the ICB. You should receive this at least 2 weeks before the exam. You then take this with you on the day of the exam, and your PoE is complete when your final assessment is added to it at the end of your course.
70% From Final ICB Exam
Your final exam will count for the remaining 70% of your mark. You will need to include it in your PoE, which an ICB-registered assessor will then check to see whether or not you have passed.
You Need At Least 50% In The Final ICB Exam
Remember that you need to get 50% on your final exam to pass. This is regardless of any marks you get from your coursework. If you don’t get 50% or above in the final exam you will fail the subject. This means you need to be really prepared and have practiced in exam settings prior to taking the final exam.
This means that you cannot slack with your activities and evaluations during your studies, as they fully prepare you for the final assessment, and also provide evidence of the hard work you’ve.
What Is The ICB Pass Mark?
In order to pass your ICB exams, you will need to get 60% of the overall course.
When And Where Are My ICB Exams?
The ICB has many centres around the country and abroad where you can register to write your ICB exams. These ICB exams are held at ICB-approved assessment centres around southern Africa. Our friendly staff will help you find a venue and explain how to book closer to the time.
- You can only be assessed if you have paid your annual ICB student registration fee.
- Make sure that you double check the ICB Assessment Policies & Procedures before you start completing your PoE, as these are updated from time to time
What Happens If I Need To Postpone An Assessment?
Should you need to delay your ICB exams then you will need to check the Assessment Timetables to see when you need to submit postponements by and pay a postponement fee. There are cut-offs for these for each assessment cycle so make sure you request a postponement in time.
If you need to postpone your assessment because you’re ill on the day, you can apply for a free postponement (include a doctor’s certificate with your request), which may be issued at the ICB’s discretion. Assessment of subjects can be postponed once only if we have received your postponement fee in time. Download the ICB Assessment Policy to learn more.
You can also read more about ICB re-assessments on this page here.
What Happens If I Do Not Pass My ICB Exam?
If you don’t pass the first time, please don’t worry. You are allowed one re-assessment, where you must get 60% to pass. You must do this within 12 months of your original summative assessment date. We do recommend that re-assessments are written as soon as possible, as subject content will change and it’s your responsibility to make sure you are aware of what’s changed.
Get ICB Qualified at Matric College
Matric College offers various ICB courses that you can complete from the comfort of your own home via distance learning. These courses are assured to get you qualified and ready to enter the workplace. There are 3 study programs offered to Matric College students and they are:
- Financial Accounting
- National Certificate in Junior Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate in Senior Bookkeeping
- National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma in Certified Financial Accounting
- Business Management
- Small Business Financial Management: ICB National Certificate
- Business Management Office Administration: ICB Higher Certificate
- Business Management Financial Accounting: ICB National Diploma
- Office Administration
- National Certificate in Small Business Financial Management
- Higher Certificate in Office Administration
- National Diploma in Financial Accounting
Kick-start your professional career with Matric College and the ICB!
No Matric? No problem! You can apply to do your Online Matric via distance learning at Matric College. The Matric Courses on offer are:
- Matric Rewrite
- National Senior Certificate
- Matric Upgrade
- National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate (Amended) depending on your age when you complete your studies
- Adult Matric
- Matric Equivalent
Matric College also offers NATED courses via distance learning. These NATED courses offer you fantastic opportunities if you want to advance your career prospects by giving you the chance of earning a National Diploma qualification in one of the following streams:
- Business Management Courses
- Educare Courses
- Financial Management Courses
- Human Resource Management Courses
- Legal Secretary Courses
- Management Assistant Courses
- Marketing Management Courses
Last updated: 22 December, 2021
Helping Unisa Students with their Assignments