The ICB is an independent examination body that offers accredited business, office administration and financial qualifications. They are different from traditional colleges. They do not offer tuition or course material.
You can register to do ICB courses at these accredited colleges:
- Matric College
- Skills Academy
- Bellview Institute Of Distance Learning
- Together We Pass
- The Learning Group
- Ember Academy
Are ICB Courses Accredited?
Yes, they are accredited.
They are accredited by:
They are authorised to conduct examinations for the following registered qualifications on the NQF (National Qualifications Framework)
Here is a list of ICB qualifications:
- Business Management Courses
- Financial Accounting Courses
- Junior Bookkeeping – National Certificate
- Senior Bookkeeping – FET Certificate
- Technical Financial Accounting – National Diploma
- Certified Financial Accounting – National Diploma
- Office Administration Courses
- Office Administration – National Certificate
- Office Administration – Higher Certificate
- Office Administration
There are many accredited and non-accredited courses that can be completed through distance learning, one such course is Office Administration Courses. When choosing a college it is important to ensure that they possess the correct accreditations, Matric College is a fully accredited distance learning college that offers top quality education and support to their students.
Is the ICB Recognised?
Yes, the ICB is recognized. The ICB has been approved by the South African National Qualification Framework (NQF) to offer accredited courses. The NQF aims to improve the quality of education.
What Are The ICB 3 Study Programs?
The ICB courses are divided into three study programs which include business management, financial accounting and office administration. The aim of the courses is to provide students with scarce and critical skills in business management, financial accounting and office administration.
Studying an accredited Business Management Course will not only prepare you to be your own boss and run your own business, but it will also give you the skills you’ll need to manage a corporate business, putting you on the fast track to reaching your goal of climbing the management ladder.
How Do ICB Programs Work?
The ICB qualifications are broken down into subjects. Students must complete a PoE for each individual subject. The PoE consists of 3 assignments and 2 tests that must be completed before they write the exam.
Students that wish to study through a college must first register with one of the accredited ICB colleges and then register with ICB.
The accredited ICB Bookkeeping and Accounting Courses are a great option for students who would like to study an accredited course without a matric certificate. The entry requirement for Bookkeeping: ICB National Certificate, the first course in the series is that you need to have grade 10. You will then move on to the Bookkeeping: ICB FET Certificate course.
How Can I Study ICB Courses?
With over 500 accredited colleges to choose from, students can now study the ICB courses in the following ways:
- In a classroom; OR
- Through distance learning
In A Classroom
- Study Full-time At A College – This option is best for students that have few responsibilities and do not work yet.
- Study Part-time At A College – This is for individuals that are working full-time but still want a qualification. It is a way to increase your career options or upskill yourself.
- Video Studies At College – if you are not always able to attend class, you have the option to watch pre-recorded lectures. You can book your viewing times at college if you cannot attend class.
Most students choose this option because they are not working yet and can commit to classroom study.
Through Distance Learning
Distance learning students have to register with a training provider, who will provide all their course material. This is the most flexible and affordable option. You can study at your own pace and wherever you want. With distance learning, there are no classes, but students still have access to tutors and course experts.
Studying independently (self-study) means that you have no connection with tutors or course experts. You have to get the course material yourself. You work in your own time. If you have any queries about the courses you have to investigate yourself. This type of learning is recommended only if you enjoy working alone.
What Is An ICB Qualification?
An ICB qualification is an accredited financial or business course that provides students with scarce skills.
What Are The Benefits Of Studying ICB Courses?
Here are the benefits of studying an ICB course:
- Recognised Qualifications- ICB qualifications are recognised both nationally and internationally. You can apply for a job anywhere in the world with an ICB qualification.
- Scarce Skills- ICB qualifications provide students with skills that are in high demand
- Distance Learning- You can complete your ICB qualification from the comfort of your home. At Matric College all courses are done through distance learning.
- Matric Equivalent Certificate- The ICB also offers Matric Equivalent courses. You can use this qualification to further your studies at any institution depending on their requirements.
- Preferred By Employers- ICB qualification makes you stand out to employers. They prefer people with ICB qualifications because of their high-quality education.
- Save Money- Distance learning students save money as they pay less than contact learners. They also cut costs on transport and all requirements associated with classroom learning.
- Further Your Education- ICB qualifications build on each other. Therefore completing a qualification makes you eligible for the next one.
How Do I Become An ICB Member?
ICB members can join in the following ways:
- By assessment, OR
- By exemption
After you complete your ICB qualification, you can apply for ICB membership.
Members who have worked in the field for at least two years within the last five years are eligible to join. You will need two Membership Entrance Papers (MEP) and a reference letter.
It is also possible to apply for membership if you have completed an accounting or finance qualification at another institution.
Where Should I Go After ICB?
Here is what you can do after achieving a qualification with the ICB:
- Study further
- Join a professional body
- Start your own business
ICB qualifications go up to a diploma. Students can further their education and study towards a degree course depending on their ICB qualification. This can be done through different institutions.
Join A Professional Body
An ICB qualification can lead to membership at the following institutions:
Start Your Own Business
After you complete your ICB qualification, you can start your own business. By joining the ICBA, you can get started with a business in bookkeeping, as they can serve as your anti-money laundering supervisor. Businesses in the financial industry are required to have them.