It has been confirmed that the Matric exam results for the 2022 June Senior Certificate and National Senior Certificate exams will be released on Wednesday 3 August 2022. This includes exam results for:
The DBE (Department of Basic Education) has announced that students that wrote through the WCED (Western Cape Education Department) can access their results on their website.
This is only for students that wrote in the Western Cape through the provincial department.
How Can I Get My Results?
You can get your Matric results online, or you can get them in person. You can:
- Get your statement of results from the exam centre where you wrote your exams
- Get your statement of results from your high school
- Get your statement of results from the Department of Basic Education (DBE)
If you wrote your Matric Rewrite, your results will automatically be updated. However, if you wrote a Matric Upgrade, your results will not automatically be combined, and you must apply for a combination of results from the DBE.
To do this, you can apply at your local Education Department District Office, or online, for a Replacement Certificate: Change of Status.
You will then pay the prescribed fee, and then submit all Matric exam results, including those from previous exam sittings, along with a certified copy of your ID, and proof of payment. You can check the DBE website for the current fees.
If you wrote the June exams in high school, you can register from 3 August to 16 August 2022 to write your final exams in November 2022. This is done automatically by the high school you are enrolled in.
However, if you want to write the Adult Matric exams and missed the registration deadline, or if you wrote the Adult Matric exams and are unsatisfied with your results, you cannot write in November. You will have to register for the May/June exams in 2023. Registration for this will open in October. This will give you enough time to prepare for the final exam.
How Can I Check My June 2022 Senior Certificate/National Senior Certificate Exam Results Online?
You can check your 2022 Matric results online by following these simple steps:
- Step 1: Got to the Department of Basic Education (DBE) website
- Step 2: Click on the “Examination results” button
- Step 3: Click on the “Exam results” button
- Step 4: Provide your exam number
- Step 5: Provide more personal details
- Step 6: Click on the “Search” button
- Step 7: Your results will be available
Can I Check My Matric Results With My ID Number?
Yes, you can check your Matric results with an ID number. You will follow the same steps as you would when you check your results on the Department of Basic Education website.
Does A Matric Statement Expire?
Yes, your Matric Statement of Results does expire. The Statement of Results is a temporary document. It will be given to you to use in place of your Matric Certificate before you get your Matric Certificate from Umalusi. You can use the statement of results to:
- Apply to university or college
- Find employment
- Apply to Learnerships
- Apply to Internships
- Apply for part-time or full-time employment
Keep in my that any of the above-mentioned options will request the original copy of your Matric Certificate once you get it.
How Do I Get National Senior Certificate?
High school students will get their National Senior Certificates once they have written and passed their final Matric exams in November. The results for these are usually released in the first week of January of the following year.
When your results are released, you will be given a Statement of Results to use temporarily, while waiting for your Matric Certificate. This can take four to six weeks from the date of results being released.
Can The NSC And The SC Be Combined?
Yes, you can combine your results. If you have passed with a Bachelor’s Degree pass the first time you cannot combine your marks. This means that you will have two separate Matric Certificates.
You need to provide both Matric Certificates when you apply for employment or further studies.Your combination of results is not an automatic process if you are completing the Matric Upgrade Course. You must apply to the DBE for your combination of results. You can do this online or in person.
Can I Apply For The November 2022 Exam?
Yes, if you are a high school student, and you have passed your June exams, your high school will automatically register you for the final exams in November.
However, if you are an Adult Matric student, or a Matric Rewrite or Matric Upgrade candidate, you cannot write your exams in November. These exams are held only in May-June each year.
You can register for the 2023 exam sitting when registration opens in October 2022. You can only do this if you meet the following requirements:
- If you are 19 or older. Note that you must be 21 when you write the exams.
- If you have a Grade 9 or Grade 9 Equivalent Certificate. You can also apply with an ABET Level 4 Certificate.
- You can read, understand and write in Afrikaans or English. These are the two languages that the course is offered in.
- You must be comfortable with distance learning. You will not attend any physical classes because there will be no in-person classes. All of your studies will be completed online.
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Sive Ncanywa
Date: August 02 , 2022