Remark or Recheck?
Sometimes one feels their marks are not reflective of their abilities, and not up to expectation. This is where the Remark and Recheck process can be a lifeline for all in need.
If a student feels that there may be an error with the examination marking process, there are two ways in which these issues can be resolved and addressed, by simply applying for the Unisa Remark or Recheck process.
Keep in mind that after a remark or recheck has been processed, the new mark will stand (even if it is lower than the original mark). Fortunately however, students who apply for these processes are able to take a supplementary examination based on the outcome of these results.
- Must obtain 35%-49% or 68%-74%
- An external examiner will be allocated to conduct the Re-mark.
- If a student previously failed and now passes as a result of a remark. The student’s account will be credited any funds paid toward the process.
- A remark can not be requested or applied to any form of practical selection of an examination
- Open to any student who wishes to apply.
- Not multiple-choice assessment.
- Refunded if as a result of the rechecking process the student obtains a higher mark.
What Happens After My Exams?
Official examination marks can easily be obtained through the myUnisa website or via their email. All outstanding fees (and those favourite library books you keep delaying the return of) have to be returned in order to query examination results.
How To Apply For a Remark
Students will also need to purchase their examination scripts and all applications for scripts are to be sent via email or fax.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 012 429 4150 (att: Examinations)
How Long Does It Take
Closing dates for applications (per script) of examination answer scripts, to be rechecked/remarked are as follows:
- October / November 2021 examinations: 31 January 2022
- January / February 2022 supplementary examinations: 30 March 2022
- May / June 2022 examinations: 16 August 2022
Recheck examination results will be released within four weeks of the application closing. Remark examination results will take up to approximately two months, so hopefully you do not wait too long and leave it until the last minute.
Now down to the brass tax, and no – good things do not come cheap. Keep in mind that there are additional fees that need to be accounted for, to qualify for a remark or recheck.
As per the Unisa website, the fees are:
- Remarking of Examination Scripts (R490.00)
- Purchasing of Examination Scripts (R55.00)
For more information on Unisa payment methods and banking details, visit the Unisa website for more information. With Unisa Exam Remarking application deadlines looming around the corner the time to act is now.
Education is the key to success and with Unisa, you can make your dreams a reality.
Author: Darren Brandt
Editor: Megan Dreyer
Last Updated: 03 April 2022