Unisa has announced a second exam for each subject in the May / June exams. On your exam timetable you will see “Paper 1” and “Paper 2”.
How does this work?
1. All undergraduate examinations scheduled from 7 May 2018 to 18 May 2018 will now also be written from 18 June 2018 to 29 June 2018.
2. The exam extension applies to all undergraduate students (including students registered for signature modules, fully online modules and modules with online assessments) registered for a formal qualification.
3. The exam extension does NOT apply to postgraduate students, students registered for a short learning programme or students registered for any SBL courses.
4. If you are an undergraduate student registered for a formal qualification and you are scheduled to write examinations from 7 to 18 May 2018, there are two options available:
Option 1: You may write some or all of the scheduled module examinations from 7 to 18 May 2018 as per the original timetable that was sent to your myLife e-mail account.
Option 2: You may write some or all of the scheduled module examinations from 7 to 18 May 2018 from 18 to 29 June 2018 as per a new timetable that will be sent to your myLife e-mail account on 5 May 2018.
Please note: The two options listed above are only valid for those modules written during the first two weeks of the May / June 2018 examination period (ie from 7 to 18 May 2018). Modules written from 21 May to 15 June 2018 are not affected by this change and will continue as per the original examination timetable.
5. If you are affected by the exam extension, the updated timetable will be sent to your myLife e-mail account on 5 May 2018.
The new timetable will provide two dates:
Paper 1 on the timetable reflects the original examination date.
Paper 2 on the timetable reflects the alternative / extended examination date.
6. All students registered for semester 1, formal qualifications have been granted automatic admission to the May / June 2018 examination period
Last Updated: May 5, 2018