Apply to study at Unisa in 2019
Please click here to get all the Unisa Online Application dates for 2019.
Unisa Online Applications – how does it work?
- Remember, application to study in 2018 is already closed. You can only apply to study from 2019.
- When Unisa Online Applications open again, you will need to use the online application tool in order to apply. The good news is it is very simple and easy to use.
- An application is the first step you take to become a UNISA student. This is the process by which you ask the university if they will accept you to study. This usually happens in around April and August, but UNISA only announces the firm dates closer to the term. Check the next application dates.
- When you are ready to apply go to this page: Apply for admission. select which type, of course, you want to do, and then select “start the process”.
- Before you start make sure that you have gone through this checklist to make sure you have everything in order when you apply.
Unisa Online Applications Checklist – What did I need to choose or checked?
- I have chosen my Unisa qualification
- I have checked that I meet the detailed admission requirements for my qualification of choice
- I have applied online, at a regional office or via post
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my official tertiary academic record (if applicable)
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my ID document (RSA students) or passport (foreign students)
- I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my marriage certificate or divorce decree (if applicable)
- I have uploaded/submitted sworn translations of my documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- I have submitted/submitted my application with the supporting documentation before the closing date for applications
- I will pay the application fee within 5 days of being informed of my reference number
Written by: Leonor Breytenbach
Last updated: 23 May, 2018