The Unisa Second Semester Registration Dates for 2018 are open from 11 June – 13 July 2018. This means that if you did not already register for semester 2 then you have missed your chance to study in the coming term.
Unisa Second Semester Registration Dates 2018 are now closed.
Registration for Second Semester is now closed! The final day for registration was Friday 13th July 2018.
The final date for the First minimum payment is 31 July 2018.
Please note that all registration information is available on the UNISA website.
Important information if you missed the second-semester registration
- Once you apply to study at UNISA and are accepted you need to register in the following semester to study or you lose your place and have to apply all over again.
- If you are a returning student you still need to be sure to register for every semester! If you do not pass at least 4 subjects per year you will not be allowed to continue with your studies.
Registration Dates for the 2019 Academic Year
- For now, Unisa has removed the early registration period
- This means you can no longer register in November and December 2018 for 2019. Registration opens in January 2018.
- We suggest that you register as early as possible. By doing this, you can make sure that you will have enough time to receive your study material in time for your first assignment.
- Find out more about how to register here on the Unisa Registration Process.
- Unisa 2019 Application Dates
Please note that all registration information is available on the Unisa website.
Student Fees and Funding for your studies
The application fee should be payed as soon as you get your Unisa student number
- R105 – Online Applications
- R160 – Hard copy applications (posted or applications in person) (non-degree purposes only)
- Make sure that you use the student number you receive form Unisa, as well as the application fee reference number
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information.
- This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa.
- Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
- The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period.
- Any application submitted without an application fee will not be processed.
- Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
Second Semester Registration and NSFAS Funding/Grant
- Unisa students how have applied for their NSFAS Funding/Grant, can Register for the Unisa Second Semester 2018, as soon as they get confirmation that their NSFAS Funding/Grant has been approved.
- NSFAS Funding/Grant is valid for a full academic year.
- It is very important to Register for the Unisa Second Semester 2018 as soon as possible before the closing date, to give Unisa enough time to process your NSFAS Funding/Grant application.
- For more information about NSFAS Funding/Grants please click here.
- For more information about APPLYING for NSFAS Funding/Grants, please click here.
First Apply, Then Register
- You can only register with Unisa if you had successfully applied at the institution and have been accepted.
- The Unisa Application Process is a complicated process.
- You need to make sure that you submit all of your documents in the exact format that UNISA wants it to be.
- UNISA will not accept your application if you do not do it according to their rules and regulations. Otherwise, you will need to apply the following year again.
Note for New UNISA Students
- You can only register if you have applied and received confirmation of acceptance from Unisa. Please note that you will be removed from the registration process if Unisa finds that you were wrongly accepted.
- Please click here to get a further information about Unisa Second Semester Registration Dates 2018.
If You Need Help, We Are Always Here To Help
- Click here for a step-by-step guide if you need more information on how to register at Unisa.
- If you are feeling under pressure in 2018, do not forget that we are always here to help.
- We offer high value, low-cost support for Unisa students in BCom, BCompt and LLB degrees.
- If you are interested to see what we have to offer, go to our shop, and search for your subjects at the top of the page: https://togetherwepass.co.za/study-groups/.
Also Read: UNISA Application Dates 2020
Written by: Leonor Breytenbach
Last updated: 21 August 2019