How Do I Apply to UNISA
You can choose to apply to UNISA online or with a hard copy, however online is easier. In both cases, you will need the correct documents.
In order to apply to UNISA you will need copies (NOT the original) of the following documents:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg. National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
If you are applying with a hard copy, you will also need hard copies of these documents. If you are applying online, you will need these documents scanned and uploaded onto your device to attach to the email application.
You can apply for a maximum of two qualifications. However, if both applications are successful, you may only register for one.
UNISA will inform you whether or not your application was successful. If you are successful, UNISA will indicate for which qualification, if you applied for more than one. They will offer you a place in this qualification.
If you have been accepted and given an offer for both qualifications, you may only accept one of them. This means that the offer for the Qualification that you do not choose will automatically be withdrawn.
You must accept or decline the offer/offers within the stated deadline. The deadline will be given along with the offer of a place. If you do not accept or decline within the deadline, the offer will be withdrawn and offered to someone else.
Once you have accepted, you will then have to register.
How much does it cost?
To apply online costs R115
To apply with a hard copy costs R185
When can I apply?
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Chloe Bydawell
Date Published: February, 16, 2022