Unisa Registration Dates are very important to keep your eye on at all times. If you miss registering for your subjects at the start of the term you will not be able to study in the coming 6 months.
If you just applied to UNISA and this is your first registration, remember that your admittance is cancelled if you do not register for the next application period. That means you will have to apply all over again from scratch.
Applicants should begin to register once they receive an official approval of their application. Those who are re-registering can begin the registration process after receiving their registration details from Unisa.
Remember if you are accepted to study you need to register in the next study period or your acceptance will be revoked. This means you will have to apply all over again, and there is no guarantee of a place the second time you apply.
Please see the below table for the information about the UNISA Registration Dates 2018:
|Second semester registration (new and currently registered students)||11 June 2018||13 July 2018||30 July 2018|
|Official Saturdays open: 30 June and 7 July 2018.
Self-help centres are open from 08:00 to 15:30 week days and from 08:00 to 11:30 on Saturdays.
UNISA Opening Times to help you with UNISA Registration Dates
Self-help centres are open from 08:00 to 16:00 weekdays
Still Need to Apply to Study at UNISA?
Did you know that you cannot register until you have applied at UNISA and been accepted?
Do you still need to apply at UNISA?
Understanding the difference between UNISA Application and Registration
The first thing to understand is the difference between what Application and Registration is.
- Application: applying to study at the university
- Registration: registering what subjects you will study in the following year. This can only be done once your application is successful.
- At UNISA you used to be able to apply to study at the University and register your first subjects at the same time. That is definitely not the case any longer.
- FIRST, you need to APPLY. Application periods happen twice a year, and applications for UNISA for first term 2018 are already closed. If you want to find out more about the application process at UNISA please follow this link to see our application tutorial.
- Once your application is successful you can register your subjects. The next registration period opens in June 2018. You can read our registration tutorial on how to register at UNISA here.
- Remember: your application is not guaranteed. And if you apply and are accepted, but then do not register any subjects your application will be revoked. It will also be revoked if you don’t pay the associated fee.
- Now keep reading and we will give you all the application and registration dates for 2018, given in order of what is coming up next.
- Registration Process: Undergraduate and Honours Studies
- Successful applicants and re-registering students must register to study through Unisa in 2018.
- Applicants can only begin the registration process once they have received an official approval of their application.
- Students who are re-registering can begin the process of registration once they have received their registration details from Unisa.
Need Help With Applying or Registering for UNISA?
- Applications for 2018 are closed. You can only apply for 2019.
Hints & Tips for your UNISA Registration
- Remember – when you register for your modules try to keep the UNISA timetable in mind so that you keep your modules nicely space, and don’t have 3 exams in 2 days! Contact our staff for help you don’t know how to check your provisional timetable
- Try to stagger your courses so the subjects you register for so that you are not being held up by having to wait for your UNISA exam results to be released
- DON’T PANIC if your exam results are not what you wanted. Don’t give up, or think badly of yourself. Read this blog to get hints on how to deal with it, and what to do to IMPROVE!
- If you need more detailed instructions on UNISA Registration please follow the link for detailed instructions.
Studying via UNISA can be tough, and our UNISA student community is here to help. Not only do we help you with study groups and resource sharing, but also with helpful information on how to navigate UNISA – making your life easier, less isolated with alot more PASSING happening at exam time!
Also make sure that you visit the following Facebook Pages to get more information, as well as support from fellow students:
Written by: Leonor Breytenbach
Last Updated: 22 May, 2018