- You do have the opportunity to rewrite your Matric
- Since the 2021 supplementary exams are already closed, you can enroll for a Matric Upgrade
- A Matric Upgrade will allow you to improve the marks of the subjects of your choice
- You can get your certificate if you are older than 21 by doing Adult Matric
You can rewrite your Matric subjects by applying for a supplementary exam or you can enrol for a Matric Upgrade. If you wrote your Matric in 2008 or after and you want to improve your results or take on new subjects, a Matric Upgrade gives you the chance to do so. You will receive a National Senior Certificate after completing this course.
If you have not received the marks you wanted you can change that. Here is all the information you need to know.
If you would like to rewrite one or more of your subjects, you could write a second national exam, also known as a supplementary exam.
Who Is Eligible For Supplementary Exams?
The following requirements apply to students who want to apply for these exams:
- Students who need a pass mark for a maximum of two subjects can apply to rewrite those subjects to obtain their National Senior Certificate
- If a student does not have the minimum requirements to qualify for a higher education programme, the student can apply for a supplementary exam
- A student who can provide evidence of being medically unfit to write the exam will be able to apply
- If there are other reasons, such as a death in their immediate family, they are eligible to apply
Can I Still Apply?
Unfortunately, all applications should have reached the Assessment Controller by 31 March 2021.
If you missed the deadline, there are still options available to you, such as a Matric Upgrade or Adult Matric. Study Online Matric through Matric College and get that dream career you always wanted. Adult Matric is commonly referred to as Senior Certificate (Amended).
Your learning material will be delivered to you and you will have access to quality learning sessions with their tutors.
What Is A Matric Upgrade?
It is a chance to improve your marks. That means that you already have a Matric Certificate, but you want to improve your results.
The best thing about this programme is that you do not need to rewrite all your subjects, but only the ones you want to improve.
Why Should I Choose A Matric Upgrade?
It could open many doors for you. Once you improve your results, you will be more likely to get accepted by a university. This way you can study towards a Bachelor’s degree.
You will need the following to apply:
- Previous Matric Certificate
- Certified copy of your ID
- Email address and cell number
The only requirement is that you need to be 21 years of age when you write the exams.
Exams Take Place?
The next exams will be held in May/June 2021.
The Amended National Senior Certificate is an opportunity for people older than 21 to get their certificate.
Who Is Eligible?
To apply, the following requirements should be met:
- You can apply at the age of 19 but you need to be at least 21 years or older to write the exam
- A completed grade 9 or equivalent qualification
- Proof of residence
- Certified copy of your ID
- If you are an international candidate you need to have a passport, study permit, or visa
Last Updated: 11 January 2022