Pastel Accounting Short Courses Unisa Distance Learning
Looking for a computerised bookkeeping or Pastel Accounting Short Courses you can study at Unisa, or study from home? Here is a list of computerised bookkeeping courses you can study through distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Bookkeeper – Computerised Accounting
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
Ways to study Computerised Bookkeeping?
It is important that the Accountant have the ability to finish the month-to-month accounting function on a computer. Students should show this skills in Microsoft Office and the Pastel Accounting Bundle.
How will this course be structured?
In order to finish the Junior Accountant Computerised Accountant, students need to complete all of the following Subjects:
- Computerised Accounting: Office Computing
- Standard PC Concepts
- Dealing with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Working with the Internet and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Dealing with Microsoft Word
- Dealing with Microsoft Excel
- Dealing with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Bookkeeping: Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will offer you with an academic licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence is valid from the point you register this on your desktop computer till completion of that year, therefore a calender year licence. Please keep in mind that this software MAY NOT be utilized for commercial functions, hence you MAY NOT trade using this academic licence.
- Setup and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Developing and establishing a business in Pastel Partner V11
- Develop and Preserve General Journal Accounts
- Develop and Keep Supplier Accounts
- Create and Preserve Consumer Accounts
- Develop and Keep Inventory Items
- Handle Balances and Journals
- Provider Processing
- Consumer Processing
- Money Book, Petty Money and Journal Processing
- Month end Procedures
- Year End Procedures
How will I be examined?
Once you have effectively finished the essential tasks recommended by Skills Academy, you will need to effectively pass examinations with the ICB. In order to compose examinations with the ICB you will have to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to write their exams
- Send a Portfolio of Evidence to the ICB on the day of your tests
You will likewise be issued by the ICB with a Statement of Skills revealing the respective System Standards that you have completed. FASSET will award you with a System Requirement Certificate for any Unit Standards that you have finished.
As Skills Academy worths education and appreciates our students, your conclusion award will be sent out to you via courier so that you get it as quickly as possible and with no delays.
When can I start?
You can start right now. If you study by means of distance learning you can sign up today.
Distance Learning Bookkeeping Courses
Interested in recognized accounting qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Have a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate: Accounting
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you might study ICB courses at Unisa. This has actually fallen away, and Unisa not provides the ICB Courses. However, there are many home study colleges offering the ICB courses. So you can still study any of the ICB courses at a recognized home study provider.
You can likewise consider studying accounting or accounting courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a variety of things you must think about if you want to study one of the ICB courses through distance learning. Or if you wish to study an accounting or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the crucial questions from prospective accounting and accounting trainees.
- Comparing Unisa research studies with ICB studies
- The difference between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Bookkeeping Courses
- Unisa Course Fees
- Alternative Options
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Accounting Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Higher Certificate
- Unisa Bookkeeping Greater Certificate
- ICB Bookkeeping Higher Certificates
- Brief Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Program
- Office Administration Programme
- Company Management Program
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Public Sector Accounting Program
- Study Products and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Extra assistance for Distance Learning Trainees
- Employment Opportunities
- Course Fees
ICB Qualifications scholastic levels
ICB qualifications start at NQF level 3, and increases to NQF level 6. So you can get in among the ICB programs even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you achieve the greatest level ICB qualification, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are just one level listed below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can aim for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Workplace Administration (NQF 6).
If you are aiming for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 certification), then you will have to comply with their entrance requirements of a National Senior citizen Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor’s pass; with at least 50% in the language of mentor and at least 60% in Mathematics.
The entryway criteria for ICB courses.
You can get in any one of the ICB programs at the NQF 3 level. That implies you can start their courses with a Grade 9 or Requirement 7 school pass.
The ICB likewise acknowledge other training you have done, your work experience and your age, as factors to think about when you get entry.
You need to have the ability to comprehend the study material, which is in English. The ICB courses start at a really basic level, so as to make them available to students from various instructional backgrounds.
Often students who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have acquired some work experience. Most of the ICB home study trainees are working grownups, who have actually missed out on the chance to finish school, and go on to campus based education.
Choice requirements for ICB students.
The ICB has a variety of distance learning course companies. For these students there are five examination sessions in 2017. A number of these trainees are home study and part-time study trainees. Typically students who satisfy the scholastic entryway requirements, will get a location with among the distance education service providers.
Students who do not meet the scholastic requirements, can still use. The ICB can give you entrance based on your age; work experience and other training courses you have actually done.
The ICB academic entry requirements are grade 9 (requirement 7). The ICB programmes all begin at NQF level 3; suggesting that even if you never ever finished matric, you will still have the ability to deal with the work.
ICB application and registration process.
To start studying one of the ICB courses you need to take the following actions:
- Apply to one of the course companies.
- Total your registration with the course supplier and pay your registration charge and more study charges.
- Register with the ICB for your test – you can choose from five examination sessions in 2017.
- You can choose to compose one test at a time, or register for three or four examinations.
- Pay your examination fees.
- Get your portfolio of evidence from the ICB once you have actually signed up for the exam.
- Complete your portfolio of evidence prior to the exam, and take it to the examination session with you.
- Hand in your examination and your portfolio of proof at the end of your exam.
You can get the ICB Application and examination documents here: ICB Application.
ICB student number limitations.
The ICB does not put a limit on student numbers. If you wish to study on a campus, at a classroom company, then there will be a limit to the number of seats in the classes.
When you pick distance learning, you will discover a course company that has area for you. Don’t wait till the eleventh hour. Ensure you use early, to offer yourself the best opportunity.
When you sign up with the ICB, you need to bear in mind the following different costs:.
- Course provider costs – charges you pay the college where you study.
- ICB student membership annual charges.
- Examination charges.
Here is a connect to a comprehensive post on all the fees you have to comprehend. ICB Registration Fees 2017.
The ICB uses five exam sessions for home study students in 2017.
You will discover the total list of ICB test dates and topics here. ICB Assessment Dates 2017.
Student success with the ICB.
The ICB accredits and guarantees the quality of training supplied by their training providers. They set the tests, and they set the syllabus. They approve the study products. And in this method the ICB ensures that students get the best possibility possible.
The ICB also checks its certified providers. And they even do surprise examinations. With this vigorous work done to ensure quality education, and to ensure students get excellent support, study materials, and qualified lecturers – pass rates are high.
In the world of work, you will find that employers more than happy to pay for their personnel to study with the ICB. Because they know that their personnel will find out genuine abilities they can utilize in the office, and they understand that the students have an excellent opportunity of passing.
Trainees who struggle, can rewrite any test, so you get more than when possibility to pass and complete your course.
Acknowledgment for your research studies.
On the ICB programme, you get recognition for every single level of the program you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to recognise your success. This means that if you never ever finish the whole program, you still have a certificate for every single level to place on your wall. Your college might likewise offer you a subject completion for every topic you total.
The plan is that you don’t leave empty-handed once you have passed a subject or a level in the programme.
The distinction in between accounting courses and accounting courses.
At the ICB bookkeeping courses refer the lower levels of the program. As you continue to the greater levels, the qualification names change to “Accounting”.
So “accounting” is simply the introductory levels, and “accounting” is the greater levels.
When you work as a bookkeeper, you are mostly busy with the accurate recording of a company’s transactions and finances. As you get promoted, you may begin working on the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accounting professional.
Study Materials and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your books and study notes are included in your course fees. The distance learning study materials are approved and prescribed by the ICB, so you know that you are getting the right study materials to pass your ICB exams.
The ICB has numerous test centres throughout South Africa. If you are not close adequate to an examination centre, then you can request personal invigilation. However, this is normally an expensive alternative.
Here is a detailed explanation of the exam dates and processes: Skills Academy ICB Examination Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB test centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
Last Upgraded: March 24th, 2017.