It is very important to make sure you fill out the UNISA Application Form correctly, otherwise UNISA might not be able to process your application successfully.
UNISA gets hundreds of thousands of applications every application period, so you need to get this 100% correct so you are not automatically disqualified. Avoid disappointment by making sure you following our descriptions below.
Here are 3 different ways of completing and submitting your UNISA Application Form:
- Fill in the UNISA Application Form in online. Please click here to apply online.
- Contact UNISA either telephonically or by writing them a letter to ask them to send you a UNISA Application form either through the post, or to your email address so that you can print it out and send it back to UNISA through the post.
- Please click here for the contact details of UNISA.
- Apply in person by going to your nearest UNISA office, and fill out your UNISA Application Form in person.
- Please click here for all the UNISA Regional Centres and Offices.
The 7 steps to explain the UNISA Application Process
There are 7 steps you need to follow in order to apply at UNISA, including filling in the online UNISA application form:
Submit documents to UNISA
- Have scanned copies of the following documents handy to submit online together with your application form:
- Certified copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Certified copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (please note that internet copies will not be accepted)
- Certified copy of your ID document (RSA students) or passport (international students)
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Certified sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- DSAR04 form and supporting documents if you are applying for exemptions
Receive your student number
- Once you have submitted your application form + supporting documents and UNISA processes your application you will receive a student number. Remember this student number as you’ll use it for my.unisa.ac.za and further communications with the university.
Pay the Application fee
- You must thereafter pay a non-refundable application fee. You can pay online via credit card (response is quicker) or via bank deposit. More information on paying the application fee and international payments.
Wait for a response from UNISA
- UNISA will get back to you to inform you about the outcome of your application. For enquiries regarding applications etc. please contact UNISA. Click here for the UNISA Contact information.
- Expect the processing of the application to take from three days to a few weeks.
Once you are accepted you can then Register
Once your application is successful, it is now time to register your modules and start studying! Follow the UNISA registration tutorial in order make sure you register correctly.
- First you have to APPLY at UNISA
- Wait till you hear if you are accepted
- You must register in the following registration period – or you lose your place and have to apply again
- The UNISA Application process takes place more or less every 6 months.
- This happens around 6 months before you will be able to study. You need to fill in the UNISA application form, and follow all the steps outlined below.
- First, check the next application dates.
- When you are ready to apply go to this page: Apply for admission. select which type of course you want to do, and then select “start the process”.
Once you are student at UNISA remember that you can always come to back to Together We Pass to get the information and help you need to pass your studies with ease!
Last updated: April 02, 2019