UNISA Application Form
It is very important that you fill in the UNISA Application Form correctly, as UNISA will not be able to process your application if it is incorrect, and you will automatically be disqualified. UNISA receives hundreds of thousands of applications each semester, so you must make sure to fill in the application correctly.
There are three different ways you can apply to UNISA:
- You can apply online
- Via email
- By going in to one of their Regional Centres and filling in a hard copy
The 7 steps of the UNISA Application Process
There are 7 steps you need to follow to apply to study at UNISA, including filling in the online UNISA application form:
1 – Choose your qualification
Choose a UNISA qualification and make sure you meet the admission requirements.
2 – Fill in the UNISA application form
You must apply for admission to UNISA by filling and submitting the admission form. You can either fill in the form online or at a regional office.
3 – Submit documents to UNISA
Have scanned copies of the following documents ready to submit online together with your application form:
- Certified copy of your school qualifications (eg. National Senior Certificate)
- Certified copy of your ID document (RSA students) or passport (international students)
- Certified copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (please note that internet copies will not be accepted)
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Certified sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- DSAR04 form (which you can find on the myUnisa website) and supporting documents if you are applying for an exemption.
4 – Receive your student number
Once you have submitted your application form and the required supporting documents, UNISA will process your application, and you will receive a student number. Remember this student number as you’ll use it for all further communications with the university and all student log-ins.
5 – Pay the Application fee
You must thereafter pay a non-refundable application fee of R135.00 for the 2024 academic year. You can learn more about the various payment methods and banking details for UNISA here.
6 – Wait for a response from UNISA
UNISA will inform you whether or not your application was successful. Expect the processing of the application to take from three days to a few weeks.
7 – Once you are accepted you can then Register
If your application is successful, you will be sent an offer. You must accept this offer within the designated time, and then you can register for your modules and begin your studies.
- Meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee you a place
- All documents must be certified
- You must fill in the application form correctly
- If your application is successful, you must accept your placement offer within the deadline, or the offer will be withdrawn and given to someone else
- You can only register once you have accepted the offer
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Dylan Florence
Date Published: February, 9, 2022