- You need to find out why you have failed. This will determine the next best course of action
- You can have your exams rechecked, remarked, reviewed, or get a Matric Upgrade at Matric college
- Studying without Matric is another option. At Matric College you can get a Matric Equivalent Certificate with The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
- ICB offers 2 study streams you study without Matric
- Completing a short course without Matric is also an option
If you have failed Matric, there are options for you. The decision is yours to make. You can either try to complete Matric or do courses that do not require a Matric Certificate. First, you need to find out why you have failed.
Why Did You Fail?
You need to know the reasons why you have failed Matric then decide on the next best course of action. If you did not work hard enough or had personal problems, try to complete your Matric. Study Matric Online and you will be able to further your studies where colleges/universities require Matric. Adult Matric is commonly referred to as Senior Certificate (Amended).
Reasons Why You Failed
You need to reflect on the reasons why you failed. Here are a few reasons to look at:
- Not studying hard enough
- Distracted (e.g going out with friends, tv, games, or social media)
- Never participated in class
- Not academically inclined
- Had personal problems
Once you have determined the reason for failing, you can decide which path you should take.
I Want To Redo Matric, What Are My Options?
- View your paper.
- Matric Upgrade.
Exam papers will get checked for marking errors. You can either go to your school or contact the Department of Education district office.
With a re-mark, your examination will be marked again.
3. View Your Exam Paper
You can only view your exam paper after the re-mark or re-check. There is a deadline and you need to apply to view your paper within seven days after the release of the re-mark or recheck.
4. Matric Upgrade
Matric Upgrades are for matriculants who are not satisfied with their results and want to improve them. A Matric Upgrade allows you to focus only on the subjects you want to improve.
You can complete your Matric Upgrade at Matric College.
Can I Further My Studies Without Matric?
Yes, you can further your studies without Matric. Matric College has two options for students. Here are the options:
The Institute for Certified Bookkeepers provides accredited business and financial management courses that are recognised both nationally and internationally. These courses are regarded as scarce skills and are highly valued by employers.
Some of these courses also double as a Matric Equivalent Certificate and they give you the technical skills to start your career. These courses are:
- Business Management (Grade 11 certificate to apply)
- Financial Accounting (Grade 10 certificate to apply)
Where Can I Study An ICB Course?
Many institutions in South Africa offer ICB courses to those who have not completed Matric. Here are some of the many colleges that offer ICB courses:
- Ember Academy
- Matric College
- Skills Academy
- Bellview Institute of Distance Learning
Matric College offers short courses that do not require Matric. Short courses are a quick way to improve your skills at work or to brush on a specific skill.
It will also improve your general skills and your CV, this will lead to better job opportunities. The courses offered at Matric College are as follows:
- Beauty Therapy
- Educare and Childcare
- Tourism and Guesthouse
- Events and Wedding Planning
Adult Matric And Matric Equivalent Courses:
A Matric Equivalent Certificate indicates the same level as a Matric Certificate but in a specialised area of study. They both fall under NQF level 4. Adult Matric Certificates or Amended National Certificates will give you the same certificate as traditional high school Matric (National Senior Certificate). Once you have completed your Adult Matric or Matric Equivalent course you can go even further and study NATED courses which will surely help you reach your dream career.
You can start your NATED Course with a Matric Certificate. Specific NATED Courses can be started with a Matric Equivalent Certificate. The NATED Courses offered at Matric College are:
- Business Management Courses (Matric or Equivalent Certificate)
- Educare Courses (Only a Matric Certificate)
- Financial Management Courses (Matric or Equivalent Certificate)
- Human Resource Management Courses (Matric or Equivalent Certificate)
- Legal Secretary Courses (Only a Matric Certificate)
- Management Assistant Courses (Matric or Equivalent Certificate)
- Marketing Management Courses (Matric or Equivalent Certificate)
Helping Unisa Students with their Assignments
Last Updated: 5 January 2022