- Completing a wedding planner qualification will help you start off your career.
- There are three valuable qualifications to have.
- These courses are The Proficiency Wedding Planning Course, the Wedding Planning Short Course, and the Comprehensive Wedding Planning Course.
- A wedding planner organises weddings by booking venues, managing time schedules, and helping with creative tasks.
- Wedding planners have flexible working hours and get the chance to travel.
If you dream of becoming a wedding planner, obtaining a qualification will help you get there faster.
What Does A Wedding Planner Do?
A wedding planner has the exciting job of organising weddings. Engaged couples hire wedding planners to manage the of planning the wedding.
Planning a wedding requires a lot of hard work, professionalism, and running around. Some of the most important tasks are:
- Booking the venue, band or DJ, photographer, etcetera.
- Making sure that all activities take place according to schedule.
- Working with the allocated budget and ensuring that the expenses do not exceed the budget.
- Helping the couple with tasks, such as getting the right dress, creating a guest list, and preparing speeches.
- Overseeing and planning the decor for the wedding venue.
Benefits Of Being A Wedding Planner
Aside from the big responsibility and tiring work, the job has many benefits. These include:
- Flexible Schedule: You can meet clients according to your schedule.
- Being Creative: Planning weddings could be a creative outlet for you. Your creativity could go from designing invitations to creating a beautiful venue.
- Travel: More often than not, you will need to travel all over the country for your job. You might even travel to another country. This could be an exciting way of experiencing new places and being inspired by them.
- Networking: They need to connect with all kinds of professionals that contribute to the wedding. This means that you will build networks that could open doors for you.
Wedding Planner Courses
Matric College offers three wedding planner courses that will help you start off your career with a boost. These courses include:
- Certificate Course: Wedding Planning.
- Short Course: Wedding Planning.
- Comprehensive Course: Wedding Planning.
Where To Study?
Many distance learning colleges offer these courses. Some of the reputable colleges include: