- People apply for recognition for: an NQF qualification, to improve their CV, boost their career, or be acknowledged
- You can apply if you have previous experience and part or full qualifications
- The biggest requirement is that your previous qualifications must be registered on the NQF and cannot be older than five years
- To apply, there are a few steps you need to follow, as well as documents to include in your application
ICB Recognition of Prior Learning means that a person wants their previous knowledge to be formally recognised.
If you have previous experience but have not been awarded any proof of recognition, you can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
You may also receive credits towards an ICB diploma. There are a few things to know about RPL:
- Why apply for ICB Recognition?
- Who applies for ICB RPL?
- What are the requirements?
- How do I apply?
- Apply for ICB.
Why Should You Apply For ICB Recognition?
Here are the possible reasons you would want to apply:
- You want to receive a registered NQF qualification
- To improve your CV
- Give your career a boost
- Get acknowledged
Who Applies For ICB RPL?
People apply for recognition if they have:
- Previous work experience
- An incompleted qualification
- A completed qualification
- Knowledge in a study field
What Are The Requirements?
A very important requirement for ICB recognition is that your previous part or full qualification must be registered on NQF. It should also have been completed in the last five years.
How Do I Apply?
Here are a few steps that you should follow when registering for RPL.
Here is how you apply:
- Read the Guidelines for Recognition of Prior Learning
- Add a comprehensive and detailed CV
- Include any previous examples of work you have done
- Submit proof of the accreditation of your qualifications, such as DHET, Seta’s, CHE, etc
- Remember to add the NQF level, as well as the SAQA registration number for your qualifications
Include these documents in your application:
- Proof of application payment
- Copy of ID
- Student detail form
- Results obtained from previous courses
- Reference letters
Apply For ICB
If you do not get the recognition you can still complete an ICB Course.
Here are the three ICB courses to look into:
- Business Management (requires a grade 11 Certificate)
- Financial Accounting (requires a grade 10 Certificate)
- Office Administration (requires a Matric Certificate)
Colleges Where You Can Study ICB
Here are a few reputable colleges that offer ICB courses: