- National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) courses enable you to obtain a National Certificate or a National Diploma
- These courses are accredited
- It includes a 3-year programme consisting of theoretical and practical training
- There are many NATED courses to choose from
- Matric College offers 7 NATED courses
- Most of their courses require a Matric Certificate or an Equivalent Qualification. The Educare and Legal Secretary courses only require Matric Certificates
- You can obtain an equivalent certificate, which is an N4 qualification, by taking an ICB course
The requirements for NATED courses are a Matric Certificate or a Matric Equivalent Certificate. This all depends on the type of course you take.
If you are interested in taking a NATED course at Matric College, we have got all the information you need.
Here is everything you need to know:
- What is a NATED Course?
- NATED Courses
- Matric Certificate Requirement
- What is a Matric/N4 Equivalent?
- Where to Study NATED Courses?
What Is A NATED Course?
To understand what a NATED course is, here is what you need to know:
What It Stands For
It stands for National Accredited Technical Education Diploma courses. These are higher education programmes that will provide you with a National Certificate or Diploma.
They are accredited by the DHET.
What NATED Courses Include
This programme consists of three courses. After the first two courses, you will receive National Certificates. Each one requires practical experience to get the certificate.
After the third course, you need to complete 18 months of practical work experience and will then only obtain a National Diploma. The duration of the three-course programme is 3 years.
This means that they include theoretical and practical training. This is an excellent opportunity to study and work at the same time.
Having practical work experience will give your CV a boost and help you get your dream job.
There are 7 NATED courses, offered by Matric College:
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management Courses
- Legal Secretary Courses
- Management Assistant Courses
- Marketing Management Courses
Matric Certificate Requirement
If you have a Grade 10 Certificate you can get your Matric in two ways at Matric College:
Most of these programmes require either a Matric Certificate or an N4 equivalent. There are, however, two courses that strictly require Matric. These courses include:
You can apply for the rest of the courses with a Matric Equivalent. Study Matric Online and you will be able to further your studies where colleges/universities require Matric. Adult Matric is commonly referred to as Senior Certificate (Amended).
What Is A Matric/N4 Equivalent?
If you do not have a Matric Certificate, you can take another path towards an N4 qualification.
A Matric Certificate is an N4 qualification, therefore, you can obtain any other N4 certificate to be on the same level.
You can receive an N4 level qualification by taking an ICB course. The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) offers courses that do not require a Matric Certificate.
Here are two ICB courses you could consider:
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management
Where To Study NATED Courses?
Many distance learning institutions offer these courses. Some of these colleges include:
- Ember Academy
- Matric College
- Skills Academy
- Bellview Institute of Distance Learning
Last Updated: 11 January 2022