Study groups and effective UNISA study practices that will save you time and sanity.
Struggling to get into your studies, with assignments looming and that rising feeling of panic starting to take hold? This effective Unisa study practice page will help you make your ‘study life’ more manageable, with tips on good study practices to help you get started.
Efficient UNISA study practices
– Take responsibility for yourself
Recognize that in order to succeed you need to make decisions about your priorities,
your time, and your resources. NB – manage your time!
– Centre yourself around your values and principles
Don’t let friends and acquaintances dictate what you consider important
– Put first things first
Follow up on the priorities you have set for yourself, and don’t let others, or other interests, distract you from your goals
- Discover your key productivity periods and places – morning, afternoon, or evening?
- Find spaces where you can be the most focused and productive.
- Prioritize these for your most difficult study challenges
– Look for better or different solutions to problems
For example, if you don’t understand the course material, don’t just re-read it.
Try something else! Consult with the professor, a tutor, an academic advisor, a classmate, a study group, or simply shout it out on Twitter! There are loads of people who want to help.
– Look to continually challenge yourself
Remember that at Together We Pass we have a thriving community of students who come together to help each other pass.
It is as simple as that.
Join Together We Pass now to make sure you gain that extra TWP advantage too.
Written by Jono Hornby