Can You Combine Two Matric Certificates?
Yes, you can. Combining your results is something you will need to apply for after doing a Matric Upgrade. This is because the Department of Education will not automatically combine the results for you. Results are only automatically combined if you do a Matric Rewrite, known as the supplementary exams.
How Much Does It Cost To Combine A Matric Certificate?
It will cost R153 to combine your results, and your new certificate will take four to six weeks to arrive. If you need a Statement of Results in the meantime, this will cost another R55. This will be sent to you immediately.
Note that these fees are valid from 01 April 2022 until 31 March 2023, after which these fees are subject to change.
What Do You Need To Combine Your Matric Certificate?
The documents needed to apply for your combined results are as follows:
- Your ID
- A certified copy of your ID
- Statement of Results from all exam sittings (including failed exams)
- Your barcoded Matric Certificates
- Proof of payment
You can fill in the application form, and submit this form online along with your uploaded documents. If you are not sure if your Matric Certificate is valid, you can verify your Matric Certificates on the Umalusi verification page. For more information, you can email Umalusi at [email protected].
Can I Go To University With An Amended Senior Certificate?
Yes, you can use this certificate to apply to study at universities. There are two Matric Certificates:
- National Senior Certificate – also known as school Matric
- Senior Certificate (Amended) – also known as Amended Senior Certificate or Adult Matric
These certificates are both NQF level 4, and they function the same way, meaning you can use them to apply for further studies or for jobs. Whether you are eligible to apply will depend on how well you passed.
What Is The Difference Between Amended Senior Certificate And National Senior Certificate?
National Senior Certificate
Also known as school Matric
Also known as Senior Certificate (Amended) or Adult Matric
Exams written before you are 21
Exams written after you are 21
Write school Matric exams
Write Adult Matric exams
Must write seven subjects
Must write six subjects
Must pass six of these seven subjects to pass Matric
Must pass five of these six subjects to pass Matric
What Is The Importance Of A National Senior Certificate?
- Matric Rewrite – if you failed Matric, are under the age of 21, and would like to improve your marks from a fail to a pass
- Matric Upgrade – if you failed Matric or you are not happy with your marks and you are over the age of 21, you can improve your marks from a fail to a pass
- Adult Matric – if you are over the age of 21 and did not get to complete high school and write your Matric exams
You can study for your Matric online through distance learning. There are many resources available to help you pass your rewrite or upgrade, such as past papers. To find out more about Adult Matric, see the principal of Matric College talk about Adult Matric on YouTube.
What Have We Learned?
- You can combine your Matric Certificates
- The fee is currently R153 to combine your results, and R55 for a Statement of Results until your new certificate arrives
- It will take four to six weeks for your combined results to arrive
- You can use your combined results to apply to universities
- It is important to have your Matric to get the best opportunities available
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Razeen Dollie
Date: 27 June 2022