Can I Register To Write Matric Online?
Can I Do My Matric In 6 Months?
No, you cannot do your Matric in six months. Matric will take a minimum of 12 months to complete, and can take longer depending on how you choose to take your six subjects. It can take up to three years to complete Matric if you choose to take two subjects per year. However, you can study for a Matric Equivalent Certificate at some colleges and complete it in six months.
How Much Does It Cost To Write Matric?
This depends on where you study. It is free to register with the Department of Education to write your Matric exams. However, it is not free to study for your Matric.
The cost to study for your Matric will depend on where you study. The fees for the institution where you study for your Matric will cover your tuition, academic support, and your study materials.
Is It Possible To Buy My Matric Certificate?
No, you cannot buy your Matric Certificate. You may only be awarded your Matric Certificate by Umalusi, through the Department of Education. Umalusi has stated that the buying and selling of Matric Certificates is a criminal offence.
However, if your certificate is lost or damaged, you can pay a fee to get a replacement. If you wrote your exams in more than one sitting, for example, you have done a Matric Upgrade, you can also apply to combine your results for a fee.
What Can I Do With My Matric?
Once you have your Matric, you can choose what to do depending on how well you passed. You can study for a Bachelor’s Degree, a Diploma, or a Higher Certificate at a university. Or you can further your studies at a college, with NATED courses or an accredited ICB Office Administration course.
There are seven study streams in NATED courses:
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Legal Secretary
- Management Assistant
- Marketing Management
You can study any of these National Accredited Technical Educational Diploma (NATED) courses at distance learning colleges such as:
These colleges also have course specialists available to help you with your courses.
What Can I Study Without Matric?
There are options available for you to study even if you do not have your Matric, such as:
- ICB courses
- Short courses
There are two ICB courses that you can study without Matric:
- Business Management
- Financial Accounting
- Office Administration
To study the ICB Business Management programme, you are required to have completed Grade 11. There are three levels in this course, beginning with a Matric Equivalent certificate and going up to the Diploma level.
To study the ICB Financial Accounting programme, you are required to have completed Grade 10. There are four levels in this course, beginning with a Grade 11 equivalent and going up to the Diploma level.
To study the ICB Office Administration programme, you are required to have completed Matric or a Matric Equivalent Certificate. This means you can apply for this programme if you have studied the first level of the ICB Business Management programme or the first two levels of the ICB Financial Accounting programme.
Where Can I Study ICB Courses?
There are many reputable distance learning colleges that offer these ICB courses, such as:
- Bellview Institute of Distance Learning
- Matric College
- Skills Academy
- Ember Academy
- Learning Group
There are also many short courses offered at four of the above colleges.
Short Courses At Matric College
- Beauty Therapy courses
- Educare & Child Care courses
- Event & Wedding Planning courses
- Tourism & Guest House courses
Short Courses At Skills Academy
- Accounting, Bookkeeping And Finance
- Computer Courses
- Educare And Childcare
- Forensics And Policing
- Human Resource Management
- Insurance Courses
- Interior Decorating and Design, and Digital Photography
- Management Courses
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Project Management
- Wedding And Events Planning
Short Courses At Ember Academy
- Beauty Therapist Programmes
- Child Daycare Programme
- Child Psychology Programme
- Crèche Management Programme
- Digital Photography Programme
- Event Management Programme
- Facial Skincare Programme
- Guest House Management Programme
- Human Resource Management Programme
- Make-up Application Programme
- Nail Care Programme
- Operational Health and Safety Programme
- Personal Assistant Programme
- Project Management Programme
- Receptionist Courses
- Supply Chain Management Programme
- Tourism Management Programme
- Tourism Marketing Programme
- Wedding Planner Programme
Short Courses At Learning Group
- Beauty Therapy
- Creative Writing
- Digital Photography
- Interior Decorating and Design
- Wedding Planning
What Have We Learned?
- You can study for your Matric online. However, you cannot write your exams online, you must write your exams in a government-designated venue
- You can register for your Adult Matric online. Your school will register you on your behalf for your school Matric exams
- It is free to register with the Department of Education to write your Matric exams. However, it is not free to study for your Matric exams
- You cannot write your Matric through UNISA
- You cannot complete your Matric in six months
- You can study Matric at some TVET colleges
- You cannot buy your Matric Certificate
- There are many study options available to you even if you do not have Matric.
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Razeen Dollie
Date: June 9, 2022